Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summertime Is Here!

pastedGraphic.pdfpastedGraphic_1.pdfpastedGraphic_2.pdf
With summer in full swing, flowers blooming everywhere, and bugs abounding galore, I thought I would pass along a few ideas that I have learned through the years.
The absolutely best fertilizer I have ever used for flowers, shrubs and trees is MILORGANITE.  My neighbors constantly ask me how I get all of mflower gardens looking so nice and Milorganite is the answer.  Now, you can’t use this on veggies, but for everything else it’s the best.



The best time of the day to water your outdoor plants is in the morning; this way the leaves can dry before the sun sets and there will be less chance of fungus.
The best solution for fungus is Ivory dish detergent and water.  Mix 1 tablespoon of detergent with 1 gallon of water in a spray bottle.  Spray around the bottom of your plants and lightly mist the top of the leaves and flowers.  This always works well for most bugs, except spiders.
One of the best cures for stress is getting your hands in the dirt.  Studies show that if  you “play in dirt” for at least 3 hours per week your stress level will drop.   I know personally that when I start getting that overwhelming feeling of having too many things going at the same time, I can go outside and “piddle” in my flower beds for an hour or so and feel so much better.  Try it sometime; you might be surprised how well it works.
Remember as always during summer, the little ones are playing outside later, so please drive carefully through neighborhoods and always watch out for them darting in and out of the streets.


NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY, INTEREST RATES ARE STILL AT OR BELOW 5% AND THE INVENTORY IS AWESOME.

CALL ME FOR DETAILS 
                                                                                                                          
Cindy Brooks, Realtor
615-499-9445 cell
615-807-1204 office
508 Autumn Springs Court, Suite 1B
Franklin, TN  37064
pastedGraphic_3.pdf   pastedGraphic_4.pdf                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment